Visit Spar & Bernstein’s Personal Injury website
International No: 1-212-227-8933
CALL US FOR HELP NOW: 1-800-LAW-LINK | 1-800-529-5465
facebookyoutubetwitterinstagramrss feed

The Brad & Squeeze Show: IMMIGRATION LAWLINK EDITION – January 29, 2018

Immigration Law FAQ

New York City immigration attorney Brad Bernstein and CEO Annakie of WVIP 93.5 FM stream live from the Law Offices of Spar and Bernstein in NYC to answer your legal immigration questions like: Will a huge age difference make it more difficult to adjust the status of your spouse if they do not have a green card and do you have have to file jointly if your spouse is applying for a green card? Later, Spar and Bernstein Family Law attorney Kristen O'Leary joins Brad and Squeeze to talk about what you can do if your ex isn't paying up the settlement agreed upon in court. Learn more about Kristen O' Leary and the rest of the family and matrimonial law department at: Other immigration questions in this episode include? What can you do if you are out of status and do not have proof of how you came to the United States? If you had a baby while visiting the US and later got married to a citizen of the United States, will you be able to get a green card? What can you do if your fiance was deported and you are pregnant? Do you have to file separate petitions for a parent and a sibling? How soon after adopting a child can you file for them? Is separating the same as leaving a marriage? If you are marrying a citizen of the United States, should you file your taxes jointly if you want to adjust your status? Can a visitors visa holder file for a fiance? If you are a US citizen and want to file for an adult child, will they be able to adjust their status or will they have to do consular processing? If you got married on a tourist visa, will you have a hard time returning to the United States? If you are out of status and married to a green card holder, should you file taxes or wait until your I-130 is approved? How long will it take a US citizen to file for a spouse? Should you see an immigration before or after getting married if you will apply for a green card? If you are a lawful permanent resident who stayed out of the United States for years, what should you do if you want to go back to the US? How long does it take to become a citizen of the united States? What should you submit with the I-130 if you are filing for a spouse? If you are a 2 year conditional green card holder who was arrested and had the charges dismissed, will that affect your ability to remove the conditions of your green card? Are minors questioned during their immigration interview? What forms and supporting documents do you need to file for a child if you have received asylum? How long does it take to get a response after submitting an application to become a United states citizen? If you came to the US with a C1/D1 visa, will you have to return to your home country to complete the green card interview? Do you need the other parent's permission to file for a child who lives outside of the United States? Can you return to the US if you were deported more than 10 years ago? what should you do if you renewed your DACA status but never received a new card? If you entered the United States on a K1 visa with your child, will you need to file separate applications when you are adjusting your status? If your green card expired, can you file for US citizenship without renewing your green card? What should you bring to your immigration lawyer if you are applying to be a citizen of the United States? If you lose your green card, are you out of status until you get a new one? Should wait until your spouse who is a green card holder becomes a US citizen before applying for your green card? If you are married to a citizen of the United States how long will it take to get a green card?

Comments are closed.