Visit Spar & Bernstein’s Personal Injury website
International No: 1-212-227-8933
CALL US FOR HELP NOW: 1-800-LAW-LINK | 1-800-529-5465
facebookyoutubetwitterinstagramrss feed

The Brad Show January 12, 2018 IMMIGRATION EDITION

Immigration Law FAQ

New York City immigration lawyer Brad Bernstein and CEO Annakie of Link Up Media Group stream live from the Law Offices of Spar and Bernstein in New York City to answer your legal immigration questions like: What should you do if your 18 year old son was denied a green card on a petition filed by your spouse and what should you do if you overstayed on a visitors visa and want to get married to a permanent resident of the United States but your passport expired? Spar and Bernstein immigration lawyer Shannon Laguerre-Maingrette joins Brad and Squeeze to discuss immigration news and Skype with family of Jean Montrevil who is a father of 4, business owner, and activist currently in a Miami detention center scheduled to be deported to Haiti for a 30 year drug crime for which served 11 years in jail. Other legal immigration questions covered in this episode include: If you are a lawful permanent resident filing for a spouse outside of the US, how can you prove a you are in a bona fide marriage? What should you do if you started the process to adjustyour status through your spouse who is a US citizen and they have a felony on their record? How long is the current processing time for work permits? What priority date is the USCIS up to for a F4 visa? If you are an adult who is out of status, how long will it take for a parent to sponsor you? If you are a citizen of the United States who is receiving government benefits, can you marry and file for someone? Is there a statue of limitations on when some one can be deported for a crime? If you are a lawful permanent resident, can you file for US citizenship if you are not working due to health problems and are not paying taxes? Should your EAD take longer than 6 months? If you are a non-US resident married to a citizen of the United States, should you do a W7 before filing taxes? If you are a US citizen, can you file for a sibling who is out of status and was in immigration hold ? What can you do if your and your children are out of status and your spouse is abusive? Can a you file for grandchildren who you support financially if the are currently out of status? If you have a F2A visa holder, how soon after submitting a DS-260 should you hear from the National Visa Center (NVC). When forms should you file to adjust your status through an adult child if you have been the United States for more than 90 days? What should you do if you submitted an I-75i a year ago and have not had a response? If you are a green card holder who is married to a citizen of the United States and applying for US citizenship, but did not have your spouses drivers license at the interview, what should you do if your application was denied? Can a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) file an I-824 for a step-child who is aging out? If your spouse is on Medicaid but doesn't use it, should they cancel it before filing for you? How long does it take to file for a spouse?

Comments are closed.