Visit Spar & Bernstein’s Personal Injury website
International No: 1-212-227-8933
CALL US FOR HELP NOW: 1-800-LAW-LINK | 1-800-529-5465
facebookyoutubetwitterinstagramrss feed

Can You File for Your Adopted Brother?

Can You File for Your Adopted Brother? In this clip, you’ll hear Brad Bernstein answering a radio guest who wants to file for his adopted brother. The answer is “yes” provided the adoption was finalized before the 16th birthday of the adopted child. Another question from the same caller is about his marriage. He wants to get married to a woman who lives in Jamaica, and he’s wondering if he could file for her adult son. You can file for an adult step child, but unfortunately in this callers case, the answer is "no” because his marriage did not occur before the 18th birthday of the child of his wife in order to establish a step-parent relationship. Brad gives information about how long the process will take and more. Since 1958, Spar Bernstein Lewis immigration lawyers has counseled more than 75,000 people to obtain their immigration benefits in the United States including obtaining green cards. Our seasoned immigration attorneys handle all phases of immigration, including permanent residence, green cards, corporate immigration, family immigration, violations of immigration law, work, training and investor visas, and deportation defense. For more information about how our immigration lawyers can help you, visit our website or give our New York immigration attorneys a call at 1.646.883.9638.

Comments are closed.