Visit Spar & Bernstein’s Personal Injury website
International No: 1-212-227-8933
CALL US FOR HELP NOW: 1-800-LAW-LINK | 1-800-529-5465
facebookyoutubetwitterinstagramrss feed

Upgrading Approved I-130 When the Petitioner Becomes a U.S. Citizen

Upgrading Approved I-130 When the Petitioner Becomes a U.S. Citizen. We have three questions in this clip. The first question involves a caller who wants to get a divorce in NY while on vacation from Jamaica. Brad advises he can’t do it because NY does not have jurisdiction for the divorce. The second question involves whether or not a derivative citizen of the United States requires to have both a U.S. passport and a Certificate of citizenship. Brad advises that you should ideally have both, but a passport alone is sufficient to prove citizenship. The same listener also wonders how and if she should upgrade her approved visa petition for her children from the unmarried son/daughter of a lawful permanent resident (F2B) category to the unmarried son/daughter of a U.S Citizen (F1) category upon her Naturalization. Brad explains why currently the F2B category is faster and how to stay in that category even if you become a U.S. citizen. Watch for all the details. Since 1958, Spar Bernstein Lewis immigration lawyers has counseled more than 75,000 people to obtain their immigration benefits in the United States including obtaining green cards. Our seasoned immigration attorneys handle all phases of immigration, including permanent residence, green cards, corporate immigration, family immigration, violations of immigration law, work, training and investor visas, and deportation defense. For more information about how our immigration lawyers can help you, visit our website or give our New York immigration attorneys a call at 1.646.883.9638.

Comments are closed.